Friday, February 26, 2010

Explorers






I watched the movie Explorers last night for the first time. Somehow I missed out on a LOT of good movies when I was growing up. I almost missed out on video games if it had not been for the two neighbor boys who lived across the street from me back in Georgia and let me play Friday the 13th on their NES. In fact, they introduced me to scary movies, and the F word too come to think of it .. Well, anyway. I must say I love these cheesy science fiction movies with kid stars, much like E.T. or Gremlins was. The 80's was the best time for that kind of stuff. I love the graphics, the animatronics, the costumes. Now it is all computer generated and lacks any real skill but for programming numbers. It was a wonderful story about a boy who has a dream about a circuit board that his scientist friend (mind you these kids are in grade school ) brings to life. This in turn creates some kind of energy that allows them to move to any given point in space or time within its protective field. They wind up building a ship out of an old carnival ride and viola! Of course this information had to come from somewhere. It just happened to be beamed directly into his dreams by extraterrestrials trying to communicate, and who have been studying earth for a very long time via television and radio waves. If you haven't seen it, you should, along with other such classics as Flight of the Navigator and Spaced Invaders, which are now in my download que.

No comments:

Post a Comment