Monday, February 15, 2010

Psychonauts
























Psychonauts is based on the adventures of a boy named Raz
who is gifted with psychic abilities. He ran away from his
parents, and the circus he works for, in order to enlist in
a "summer camp" that will hopefully be able to help him hone
his gifts. But he only has a short time to earn his merit
badges before his dad comes to pick him up! Some sinister,
evil plot is lurking not too far behind. The brains of the
other students are being stolen and the campers turned into
mindless zombies! The artwork is spectacular. I love the
loading screens. The music isn't bad either, and Tim
Schafer deserves more credit than he gets for a game like
this. The voice of Raz is also performed by the actor who
did Invader Zim. I could tell from the moment I heard him
speak. Originally the game was only designed for Xbox but was
quickly released for the Playstation 2. Another title Tim
is well known for is agame similar to this one but focused
on extraterrestrial life and hidden government agenda's. That
would be Beyond good and evil. I have played through most of that
game and enjoyed it as well. And of course, Psychonauts has
that same sort of cartoon horror feel to it that I have come
to love and adore. I thank my friend for letting me play it
in my spare time.


2 comments:

  1. hi `:)

    so, i decided to go blog hopping & stumbled upon your blog; i think its pretty cute! & i love invader zim (pertaining to your previous entry)!! & this game looks interesting as well. i decided to follow your blog so please check out mine as well & follow! thank you!

    ill be sure to keep reading n__n

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, cool! thanks!

    yeah I will def. check yours out as well.

    ReplyDelete