Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Nightmare on Elm Street 2010




Now as most of you know I am a very big Nightmare on Elm Street fan. I own the series, the plushy, the bobble head, and numerous other toys of the well known movie monster. At first when I heard they were remaking the original I was slightly upset. I still do not know what I really think of the idea, but I am keeping an open mind. Though I am perturbed at the fact Robert Englund is no longer playing the role, I am still willing to give it a chance. It's an entirely new take on the story, and it loses some of it's comical edge. For that I am thankful, for it sticks to Wes Craven's original idea of the character. He was never MEANT to be funny, New Line Cinema added that little twist. Even though the director is having nothing to do with this production and pretty much disowned the franchise, I hope it turns out to be a good remake, like Rob Zombie's Halloween. It comes out April 30th, and that is less than two weeks away!

1 comment:

  1. Too scary for me! The old one, i cant even watch, because i'm to scared!

    ReplyDelete