Sunday, January 24, 2010

DArkVant-Garde Vol. 1(?)

One of my favorite bands of all time is The Residents. I know quite a few people who listen to them, but might wonder what other music there is out there that holds the same atonal dissonance that they are so well known for? Well, that is the purpose of this as well as to share with you some other artists that I find enjoyable and inspirational. Okay, so admittedly one or two of these songs aren't exactly fitting the theme chosen for this mix, but I cannot find a reason to leave Renaldo & the Loaf and Snakefinger out of it. That borders on just damn nonsensical! While most of these tracks are darker in nature, a few I have added just because they cannot elude the Avant-Garde side of my taste in music. Some are ridiculously Gothic, some are in my made-up languages, others take a bit of patience to get into, but this is a gathering of songs, in my mind, that influences the style I try to recreate in my music from time to time. Of course, I have many other genres and artists that contribute to the inner workings of my brain, and I will continue to pull together examples of what makes me, me. Some of the artists I have provided up to two tracks for each one, because I found it so hard to make a decision and they generally have too many songs to choose from anyway. A few of these bands I was just recently introduced to, but I found the music to be so addicting I had to include them. Hopefully you will enjoy these musicians just as much as I do.




DArkVant-Garde
(click here!)

No comments:

Post a Comment