Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Heartless stole my heart




You know who I like? The Heartless, from the video game Kingdom Hearts. You may have noticed from my user photo. It's one of my favorite games of all time, and the sequel is equally as amazing as the first. It includes not only Disney characters, but characters from the ongoing Final Fantasy franchise, which is another series of games I endlessly obsess over. The plot is congenial to most players I would assume, but since it is also a part of Disney I can imagine they had to watch the tone of the story-line somewhat. However, it does take a bleak turn when they finally start piecing together the plot, and you realize that peoples hearts are being stolen from these shadow creatures with demon eyes, claws for hands, and the ability to disappear into thin air. "I believe darkness sleeps in every heart, no matter how pure. Given the chance, the smallest drop can spread and swallow the heart." Talk about a negative outlook on life! Ansem is a pretty sinister character, or should I say "Xehanort"? :x Regardless, The Heartless, and let's not forget the Nobodies, are among some of my favorite enemies for any video game I've ever had to conquer. >D They're just so adorable, and let's face it, I love Tetsuya Nomura's designs. Tetsu Tsukamoto also worked on the artwork. They both deserve applause. This is definitely a game you need to play if you have not already. It's for Playstation 2, but I am sure you already knew that. Not only do you get to explore things like the Light cycles in Tron, the world of the Little Mermaid or Alice in Wonderland, but Tim Burton's a Nightmare before Christmas allows you to play with Jack Skellington himself in Halloween Town! What more could I ask for? Oh yeah, a Kingdom Hearts 3!








No comments:

Post a Comment